Taking your class out on a school visit is exciting but also requires careful planning and preparation. We like to make your visits to us as stress free and simple as possible.
When booking your school visit to OpenZone @ The Word, there are a number of things you need to remember.
You will need to:
- Provide a class list on arrival, which should include names of all adults accompanying the group.
- Have appropriate number of staff to children as a minimum. We would always suggest at least 2 members of staff, but refer to your own school policy. We encourage you to have adult helpers on your trip.
- A First Aider should accompany the group with your own first aid kit including any inhalers, PPE Epipens etc. needed by students.
- Please make OpenZone staff aware of any specific physical needs i.e. nut allergies.
- A risk assessment should be carried out prior to the visit. Generic risk assessments are available below
- Arrange your bus to drop off and collect from the loading bay on River Drive.
- Inform OpenZone staff of arrival and departure times.
- Alert centre staff of any children with SEN, behavioural or safeguarding needs.
- Please be aware that we may use the pictures, videos or work as display in The Word, social media or website. Please inform staff if this is not supported by your school policy.
- Have relevant permission forms signed, for example for photographs, and bring along a camera for photo evidence of your day.
- Inform centre staff of any children who cannot have their photo/video taken.
To help you with your organisation here are some documents that you may find useful.
Click the link below to open your own copy of our risk assessment and for a schedule of the day.