South Tyneside ICT in Schools Team is based in OpenZone @ The Word in the Market Place, South Shields. The team supports all South Tyneside Schools with a comprehensive package of support covering technical and curriculum support.
We offer a relaxed, attractive environment for school students and teachers to access the latest developments in technology.
We work with students and teachers on a variety of cross-curricular projects, whether it’s film-making, podcasting, animation or coding. We can support schools in realising the potential of the latest technologies to enhance learning and teaching.
Our objectives are:
- To guarantee an excellent education experience
- To improve access to, and use of, the latest educational technologies
- To increase attainment levels through the use of new technologies
- To improve the quality of learning and teaching
- To act as a test bed for innovation and new ways of working