Just a reminder of this exciting course we are running in January 2018.
Places are filling up
Join us on the high seas for a pirate themed journey around creative literacy and immersive educational technology.
Our next Day of Discovery will be an imaginative day of workshops and activities designed to motivate and enthuse your reluctant readers and writers. We will give you the digital tools and strategies necessary to create amazing lessons that will help raise pupil attainment.
And of course you can also take a tour around the spectacular ‘Shiver me Timbers’ exhibition for even more writing inspiration! So let’s welcome you aboard and register your place today before it’s too late.
Recommended for primary school literacy co-ordinators, computing co-ordinators, teachers, teaching assistants & support staff.
- Anne Curtis – Author, Illustrator and Education Consultant
- Kirsten Scott – Educational Specialist
- Anna Hawkins – South Tyneside Literacy Advisor
- James Massey – Head of Professional Development at Discovery Education
- Chris Nash – Head of Community at Discovery Education
- Mike Hamilton – Strategic ICT Manager – South Tyneside
- Keynote: Using onscreen and physical experiences to extend language for writing
- A treasure chest of pirate poems
- 21st Century Skills: A spotlight on strategies for incorporating a range of multimedia
Exploring the use of video, imagery, audio and digital text in the classroom. Participants will experience a range of proven, highly engaging activities to support interactive teaching and learning strategies which are adaptable and easy to implement across different subjects.
- Immersive story telling technologies
StoryWorld is a magical world of fun, fantasy and adventure! Through an immersive and unique storytelling experience incorporating stunning backdrop projections and sound effects, participants will experience different strategies that inspire pupils’ writing using multiple technologies.
- Moving pupils from digital consumers to creators
Within this fully kitted out TV studio, participants can have fun exploring technologies that can transform teaching and learning. This session models ideas around green screen and video editing. There will be lots of transferable ideas for the classroom.
- The world is your classroom! AR and VR learning experiences
Some technologies enhance what we do in education and then, every now and again, they redefine what we do. This session looks at the exciting prospects of Augmented and Virtual Reality and how they have the potential to shake up everyday teaching practice.
More sessions to be added, reserve your FREE seat today!
What’s a Day of Discovery?
A Day of Discovery is a professional learning experience focused on three simple but important goals: learn, share, connect.
Brought to you by the Discovery Education Community, these full-day professional learning events help teachers and support staff learn more about great classroom practice utilising digital content and tools, provide opportunities for participants to share strategies that are working, and connect attendees to their most valuable resource: each other.
For more information about Discovery Education’s services and resources, visit www.discoveryeducation.co.uk.