Code Club are holding their Christmas meetup in Sunderland and teaming up with RTC North. If you are a teacher, an educator, a Code Club host or volunteer, or someone interested in getting involved with Code Club, then this event is for you!
This meetup will be a fun, friendly, informal space where you can meet like-minded members of the Code Club community, talk all things Code Club, and hear the latest updates about how Code Club are helping kids all over the North East to get coding.
If you’re new to Code Club or thinking about volunteering, this is also a great place to get started.
The event will include talks, demonstrations, and a chance to get hands-on with some digital making activities.
Confirmed speakers and demos so far are:
- Anna Pearson -— Regional Coordinator (Code Club UK/Raspberry Pi Foundation)
- Jonathan Sanderson — Digital Engagement and Making Specialist (NUSTEM)
- Karen Marshall — Apprentice, Education and Engagement Lead (Accenture)
- Lyndsey Britton — Founder, Tech for Life
- Marty Edwards – Director, Learn It Compute It
- Nick Cook – Senior Lecturer CAS/Newcastle University
The talks are a great opportunity to learn more about the North East tech community and about how individuals and organisations are engaging with young people and bridging the digital skills gap.
So come by, grab some complimentary mulled wine and a mince pie, and join the conversation!